You will be assigned one or two articles to review. Reviewers are expected to correct grammar mistakes, thoroughly check all cited sources, and write constructive criticism for the author. Reviewer applications are due September 18 for the Fall 2015 Issue.
- Manage the issue’s editorial and publication process including the assignment of articles and reviewers to Senior Editors, as well as the assessment of final drafts.
- Create semesterly timelines and applications for editorial positions, as well as select qualified applicants for reviewer and writer positions.
- Manage a semesterly writing workshop event, a group refresher on writing and grammar skills
- Manage the initial phases of the editorial process between reviewers and writers, mediating communication where necessary.
- Take an active part in club and workshop events and facilitate an ongoing dialogue through the Editor’s Choice Series, which involves a brief excerpt on a current event and its relation to a past article.
- Read student article drafts to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation and syntax.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics using listed reference sources.
- Include a brief summary of constructive criticism per assigned article.
- Write a one to six page article which informs on an innovative, pressing scientific or health related topic in an understandable way and spark dialogue within the NYU community.
- Support topic of interest with credible and scholarly sources